ABOUT MOVING MEDITATION
What happens on the dance floor?
In every class or workshop, there are always people with a wide range of experience – from first-timers to certified movement addicts. In any given class, the teacher will be following the energy in the room. The rhythms themselves are gateways to literally thousands of different movement landscapes. Like the body, they are alive and designed to catalyze the dancer’s movement expression in the moment. You are different every time you walk into the room, so is the group, and so is your teacher. Therefore, each class holds completely unique possibilities.
How do I start?
1. Show up – this is a practice – like going to the gym.
2. Be responsible for your own body (stay aware of injuries and limitations).
3. Keep your eyes open and stay aware of others.
4. Dance barefoot or in dance shoes only – no socks on the floor.
5. Move how you feel and stay open to changing. Keep moving with whatever arises.
6. Know that everything that is alive has a dance, and your only task is to find and express yours.
7. Have fun! Excessive seriousness slows learning – play accelerates growth and discovery